As we well know a pool is an ideal place for recreational and leisure activities. It’s therefore wise to keep the pool temperatures at its optimal levels, making it suitable and safe for all users. Aside from that, optimal temperatures will keep the users safe and healthy.
Warmer pool water is more likely to serve as a thriving environment for bacteria and might also affect the balance of the pool chemicals. For that reason, if the pool water is treated with chemicals, they may run out quickly as the bacteria reproduce.
On the other hand, too cold pool water can worsen the condition of swimmers with heart problems and might cause other health issues to those with a clean health bill. Also, seasons change and that requires that you monitor the water temperatures. It’s recommended to check them before use.Therefore, it’s essential that you get the best pool thermometer which will monitor water temperature accurately. However, for many, buying a pool thermometer can be a big challenge. That is because the market presents lots of thermometer brands, types, and models. Also, many sellers/manufacturers claim to be selling the best pool thermometers.
- Quick Answer: The Best Pool Thermometers 2020
- 1. Etekcity 1022D Dual Laser – Digital Infrared Thermometer Review
- 2. Raytek MT6 MiniTemp – Infrared Non-contact Thermometer Review
- 3. Milliard Floating Thermometer – for Swimming Pools, Hot Tub, Spa, Jacuzzi and Pond
- 4. Ambient Weather WS-14 8-Channel – Wireless Floating Pool and Spa Thermometer
- 5. Aquatix Pro Premium – Outdoor & Indoor Floating Water Pool Thermometer Review
- 6. eLander Water Floating Pool Thermometers – Best Pool Thermometers Review
Quick Answer: The Best Pool Thermometers 2020But there’s no need to panic. I have prepared a detailed review that will present only the best pool thermometers available today, and I hope you will have a model that will make you happy.
|Brand & Name||Temp. Range||Price|
|Etekcity - 1022D Dual Laser Digital Thermometer||-50°C to 550°C||Check Price|
|Raytek - MT6 Infrared Non-contact||-30º to 500ºC||Check Price|
|Milliard - Floating Pool Thermometer||-30º to 85ºC||Check Price|
|Ambient - Wireless Floating Pool and Spa Thermometer||-35º to 150ºC||Check Price|
|Aquatix - Pro Floating Water Pool Thermometer||-30º to 50ºC||Check Price|
|eLander - Water Floating Pool Thermometer||-35º to 50ºC||Check Price|
1. Etekcity 1022D Dual Laser – Digital Infrared Thermometer Review
A good pool thermometer should give better accuracy and adjustable emissivity. That’s what the Etekcity 1022D Digital Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun will offer you. It comes as a non-contact thermometer with a dual laser and adjustable emissivity.
The dual laser targeting technology comes in handy in making it easy to visualize the pool area being measured by the IR thermometer. That will result in higher precision. The device can measure surface temperature from 50°C ~ 550°C or 58°F ~1022°F and with a response time of up to 500Ms.
The Etekcity 1022D Digital Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun LCD screen is backlit and also comes with an auto-function and low-battery indicator which extends the battery life so that it never accidentally run out of juice.The rechargeable battery is included. The holding grip comes with a Lasergrips automatic data hold function, which makes it convenient for you to read the temperature readings.
- Dual Laser Non-contact Digital Infrared Temperature Gun
- FDA, FCC, CE approved
- Comes with Class 2 laser and Adjustable Emissivity
- Has an optical power of 0.3-0.49mW;
- Covered with 2-Year Warranty by Etekcity
- A little smaller distance to spot ratio
- Its emissivity is fixed at 0.95
2. Raytek MT6 MiniTemp – Infrared Non-contact Thermometer Review
The pool thermometer can measure temperatures between -30ºC to 500ºC. Furthermore, the device comes with a distance-to-spot size 10:1 in ratio. Another great thing about this device is that it works with an energy level decisive factor of 80%.
The Raytek MT6 MiniTemp Thermometer comes with an easy-to-read LCD which makes it a demand for many pool users. The portability and versatility construction makes it super easy to use around your home.You are able to use it for various applications like measuring the right temperature of a hot tub, check a space-heater, etc. The model uses a 9-V Alkaline battery and comes with a protective case and a storage pouch which adds to its durability.
- Non-contact Infrared Thermometer
- Emissivity: preset at 0.95
- Distance to spot ratio: 10:1
- Response time: <500msec
- Runs on a 9V alkaline battery (included)
- Energy efficiency: 80% energy level
- Includes storage pouch and protective boot
- Smaller D/S ratio
- Users complained of the protective boot being smelly
3. Milliard Floating Thermometer – for Swimming Pools, Hot Tub, Spa, Jacuzzi and Pond
The thermometer is an analog device, and maybe that is why it is perhaps economical. It’s made in a way that it can float on water while tracking the pool temperature. The device’s molded bear-shaped head adds a modicum style to the pool while making it possible for it to swim.
The Milliard Polar Bear Floating Pool Thermometer comes with a height of seven inches which gives it compact size and a lightweight body. The tether employed on this thermometer is used to keep it in its place. The device’s reading scale can read both Fahrenheit and Celsius adding more convenient.When it comes to the construction, the tool is made of sturdy ABS plastic materials which multiply its durability. And because it’s an analog device, it does not require any batteries to give you the readings.
- Made from durable ABS plastic
- 7” tall Floating Thermometer
- Bear-shaped top
- Reads in both F° and C°
- Comes with a rope leash to keep it in place
- Hard to read for beginners
- The string may need regular replacement
4. Ambient Weather WS-14 8-Channel – Wireless Floating Pool and Spa Thermometer
Checking the water temperature in your pool has never been this easy. With the help of the compact-sized Ambient Weather WS-14 pool and spa thermometer, you can now read the temperatures of your pool from any point. The thermostat is wireless, eight-channel, waterproof and floats on the water surface.
The device sensor display and wireless transmits the temp readings to its display console. The device also comes with an indoor thermometer which you can use to monitor the air temperature.
The WS-14 Thermometer eight-channel selectable switch makes it possible for you to monitor the temperatures form eight different locations. The device’s sensor search mode makes it easy for you to re-sync sensors without re-inserting or removing the batteries.
It’s made to float on water. Its screw-on lid design that comes with an interior gasket is meant to provide a leak free and water resistant design. Lastly, this device can record measurements in both degrees Fahrenheit and degree Celsius.
- Floating Wireless Pool and Spa Thermometer
- The LCD and Eight selectable channel switch
- The line of sight wireless transmission (in open air)
- Frequency: 433 MHz
- Solar powered with battery backup
- 4 x AAA 1.5V Lithium batteries or alkaline (not included) Power Consumption
- The wireless signal cannot penetrate solid metal or earth
- Dim lighting
5. Aquatix Pro Premium – Outdoor & Indoor Floating Water Pool Thermometer Review
Investing is a premium thermometer will ensure that your pool is at its optimal temperature for right and proper maintenance. That is why it is good to try the Aquatix Pro premium large floating water pool thermometer.
It is straightforward to use. All you need is set it up and leave it in the pool without you worrying about any problem. It comes with a water-resistant plastic which is hard to break or crack ensuring that it is waterproof.
The Aquatix Pro premium Thermometer scale can read both Fahrenheit and Celsius degrees making it convenient for everyone. The display of this device is big enough to check from afar. The string attaches to this thermometer allows you to keep it in its position and prevents from swimming away.The maximum reading is 100 Fahrenheit and 40 Celsius. It is a premium quality waterproof thermometer with a string and can be used in reading indoor and outdoor pools, hot tubs, spas, fishponds, and Aquariums temperatures.
- Premium quality floating thermometer with String
- Water-resistant plastic
- Maximum reading: 100 Fahrenheit and 40 Celsius
- 1 Year Product Warranty
- Its transparent chassis can become a bit cloudy
6. eLander Water Floating Pool Thermometers – Best Pool Thermometers Review
The thermostat can read the temperatures to a maximum of 50 degrees Celsius and 120 degrees Fahrenheit which is higher compared to our previous product.
The device is made from durable, weather resistant and shatters resistant materials which makes it last for a long while keeping it waterproof.
Using the eLander large Pro Pool Thermometer is an easy task. All you need is throw it into your pool and leave it to measure the water temperatures.The device uses mercury base to read the temperatures and thus making it more accurate. It also features a strip to nail that is fixed for your convenient access. You can use this thermometer for swimming pools, hot tubs, spas, Aquariums, and fish ponds.
- Large Pro Water Floating Pool Thermometer
- Made from durable, weather resistant and shatter resistant materials
- Maximum reading: 50 degrees Celsius and 120 degrees Fahrenheit
- Fixed with Strip to nail
- Has both Fahrenheit and Celsius reading
- Do not float vertically